Guest Lecture: Presentations
(Tue Oct 24, lecture 14)
Homework due for today
Legend: :Participation :Early :PDF
Reflection: You can find the materials for this homework here. Please take a look at the “HM Preso” powerpoint deck (also provided in pdf for those without ppt). During the class, I will briefly present it and ask for feedback both on the slides and my delivery. Please also take a look at the 2 very short videos. During the class, we will discuss what are the similarities and differences between powerpoint presentations and video presentations. Answer these questions:
* What is the best presentation you’ve ever seen (Ted talks, Brandeis lectures, lockeroom speech, political debate, etc)? What made it good?
* What is the worst presentation you’ve ever seen ? What made it bad? If you were going to give a presentation to the class, what “persona” would you adopt (funny, satirical, professorial, friendly, etc)?
* What are the steps that you go through to create a great presentation?
* On a scale of 1-100, how terrified are you to present publicly?
* Which audiences are the most terrifying?
* How do you see presentations evolving in the coming years?
* Deliverable: A brief writeup of your answer to these questions (1/2 page)
New Iteration: Remember to use this Term Project Outline as a rough guide of the things the team should be working on. Continue using Trello to keep track of the stories backlog. Write a brief bulleted Team Retrospective. Team Deliverable:Iteration retrospective