- A single page web site, used to convey information and measure interest
- Make sure it tests one or more actual hypotheses
- Content examples are: elevator pitch, nice screen shot, pricing page, etc.
- Most useful if also includes a way to measure results
- Passive google metrics are ok, but collecting something from visitors is far more powerful
- What hypotheses (plural) are you testing?
- Get your most artistic team member to do the design
- Choose the words very carefully
- How are you going to get it distributed widely?
- A/B Testing
- Also known as “split testing”
- Divide your targets into two (or more sets)
- Show each of them an alternative version
- Works best with a feature description, a marketing message, a price and so on.
- IMPORTANT: You need to find a way to drive traffic to your landing page of course. Here are some typical techniques:
- Email to some mailing list
- Facebook friends
- Facebook advertisements (but cost money :( )
Discussion: For each product team, what are some things that you could test using A/B? Exactly how would you go about it?