Student Quote "Pay close attention to this. It's not complicated if you do. Still, almost everyone got it wrong the first few times."
- Every lecture has a lecture number
- Every assignment has a code, X.Y, where X is the lecture number and Y is the assignment within that lecture
- The homework due for a particular lecture is always listed at the top of the page for that day.
- When there is something to hand in it will be marked as a “deliverable”
- Some homework is designated “Team Deliverable:” which means that a single deliverable is due for the team and all team members get the same mark for it.
- You are responsible for reading the lecture’s page before each class.
- All homework is handed in in Latte.
- All written reports, reflections, responses should be submitted as PDF and must include your name, team name if appropriate, and course number in the text of the submission.
- Code and other non-text submissions can be submitted as-is or as a .zip file
- Unless otherwise specfified, homework is due on class day at class start time.
- If you hand in up to 3 days late we will automatically deduct 20 points.
- If you don’t hand in homework by the due date and time, it is marked as a zero.
- If you don’t hand in homework in the right form (e.g. “pdf, with your name and course number in the text”)
- No exceptions unless pre-agreed in an email by either the Professor or a TA.
Numbering scheme in detail:
- Homeworks that have an expected deliverable:
- Will be clearly marked as “deliverable” or “team deliverable”
- Can be identified by a code, X.Y: X is the lecture number and Y is the homework for this lecture
- Those are submitted to the appropriate spot in Latte, either as a .pdf (for writing) or as a .zip file
- To help you navigate, there are the following symbols:
- : this symbol reminds you that you are to submit a pdf to latte. Anything else will receive a 0.
- : this symbol tells you that this assignment is graded as “participation only”. You will receive a 100 if you show a good faith effort, without regard to whether your answer is correct. You will receive a zero otherwise
- : This symbol reminds you that this assignment is due in the morning on the day of class. No late submissions or make ups are accepted.
- : [Not applicable to Cosi165] This symbol reminds you that this is a coding assignment which you will do inside your portfolio